A traditional furniture polish made from natural and renewable resources - Bio Antique Wax gives a lovely natural soft sheen on antiques and sealed modern furniture! This is a transparent, matt finish without toxic synthetic additives. The VOC-free wax seals the pores and forms a durable, antistatic effect that makes the timber surfaces dirt-and-water-repellent. Best substitute for lacquer or varnish.
This eco-friendly wax is suitable for: all types of timber floor surfaces, on new and antique furniture, shelves, toys, etc.
Made from natural, renewable resources:
- Beeswax, carnauba wax, earth/or paraffin wax, shellac wax, lemon peel oil, paraffin oils.
NOTE: Not suitable for humid areas like bathrooms.
Sizes: 1L , 4L
- 1 Litre covers approx. 20-50 square metre., depending on the absorbency of the wood, its surface conditions and the application method.
- On floor boards:
- Softwood 20 ml per square metre = approx. 50 square metre per Litre
- Hardwood 6-10 ml per square metre. = approx. 100 - 160 square metre
- Do not apply coatings to unseasoned or wet timber.
- Wood should be well sanded, dry and cleaned of greasy, waxy and dirty contaminants using BIO Thinner.
- Hardwoods and timbers rich in natural oils, waxes, acids and terpenes should be degreased using Bio Thinner, because these substances may mix with the varnish and prolong its drying time.
- Imperfect coats may require complete stripping before applying BIO Products.
- BIO Antique Wax and BIO Hard Floor Wax are ready-to-use.
- It might be helpful, especially during cold weather, to soften the wax by standing the container in a 60 +C water-bath.
- Apply thinly and evenly with a lint free cloth or brush, working the wax well into the grain. Thick coats may cause white streaks.
- Let dry and start polishing when the wax is still wet.
- Do not leave until completely dry as buffing is then very difficult.
- On stone, tile or slate thin BIO Hard Floor Wax with 50% of BIO Thinner.
- Depending on wear and tear, apply a new thin coat of wax every 4 to 6 months.
- Provide adequate ventilation during application and drying.
- After 4 weeks, when the wax is fully cured, the surface may be treated with undiluted self- polishing BIO Timber Care Polish.
- Apply thinly and evenly with an absorbent lint free cloth.
- For regular cleaning wipe treated surfaces with a cloth moistened with Bio Natural Cleaning Emulsion diluted at the rate of 50 ml in 5 Litres of warm water.
- Make sure that no moisture is allowed to remain on the waxed surface because it will cause staining.
- Use BIO Thinner.
- Keep away from open flame and out of the reach of children.
- Please dispose used rags in a sealed metal container as they can spontaneously combust.
- Keep tightly sealed in a cool and dry place
- Do not pour left over wax down the drain.
- Unwanted wax should be brushed out on newspaper, allowed to dry and then disposed of via domestic waste collection.
- Let empty container dry out and dispose of via recycling program.
Note: Our information is given in good faith and is based on results obtained from experience and tests. However, as the workmanship is beyond our control, all recommendations and suggestions are made without guarantee.
Bio Products has been supplying and manufacturing natural and non-toxic paints and finishes since starting operations in 1975. The company created low VOC and low-allergenic paints to help lessen environmental and health issues caused by conventional paints.