Improving the insulation value of your home will reduce your heating and cooling bills and increase comfort. While most of your house consists of layers of cladding, framing, plaster and (if you're lucky!) insulation, your windows are just a thin pane of energy-transferring glass, leaving big gaps for heat to enter in summer and leave in winter.
Permanent double glazing can be hideously expensive, and while very effective and recommended for new builds and renovations it's not practical for renters or people on lower incomes.
Duck Window Insulation kits work by sealing and trapping a thin layer of air against the glass, working like double glazing to slow the transfer of heat through your windows, while being cheap to buy, easy to DIY install and removable.Even if you're considering installing permanent double glazing, you can use this Duck window insulation to see how much of a practical difference it will make before outlaying thousands of collars.
Duck Brand window kits have crystal clear film and are easy to install. Guarantees a draft-proof seal. Non-splitting shrink film and tape removes cleanly and easily at the end of the season with no residue. Use a standard hair dryer to shrink the film to fit and provide clear view through.
How to Install Duck DIY Window Insulation
- Watch here for step by step guide for installing this kit
- *For indoor use only* on painted or varnished wood, aluminium, vinyl
- 10 Window Indoor kit contains everything you need to insulate 10 'standard' 3-by-5-foot windows. - 2 sheets of 1.5m x 5.3m crystal clear film & 50m of double-sided tape
- 5 Window Indoor kit contains everything you need to insulate 5 'standard' 3-by-5-foot windows. - 1 sheet of 1.5m x 5.3m crystal clear film & 25m of double-sided tape
- Large Window / Door kit contains everything you need to insulate a large window or glass patio door - 1 sheet of 213cm x 305cm crystal clear film & 10m of double-sided tape