Thermilate is a revolutionary paint additive that makes paint insulate. It is ideal for improving the wall insulation in older houses where removing wall linings to install batts can be very difficult and expensive, but will also improve the thermal properties of any house. Simply add Thermilate when you repaint and enjoy the increased comfort and decreased energy bills.
Originally developed by NASA, each microsphere is a tiny hollow ceramic ball no longer than a piece of sand.
They reflect and refract heat like the tiles on the space shuttle. The centre of the ball is not only hollow but has all the air removed to create a vacuum. The resulting microsphere is, in effect, a mini thermos flask.
- On internal walls and ceilings this reduces heat loss, creating a warmer room.
- On external walls and roofs, this relects the heat from the sun, creating a cooler internal room.
- It can also greatly reduce condensation and hence mould and fungus growth in areas like bathrooms by keeping the wall surface warmer.
- -Thermilate can be mixed with almost all paints/coatings, internal or external
- - It is completely safe to use, inert, non toxic, and environmentally friendly
- -Thermilate does not affect the paints adhesion or useful service life
- Each Pack is enough for 4-5 litres of paint.