Eenee Compostable Nappies
Australian designed and made, these nappies are 100% biodegradable. They are the first and only disposable nappy to be endorsed by Compost Australia as acceptable for commercial composting. Wet only nappies can be put in home compost, and number 2 nappies can go to a number of commercial composting operations.
If you’re local to us in Northcote, you can drop your used nappies back at our collection bin at the shop at 253 High St, Northcote, where they are taken to a commercial composting facility. The charge is $3.90 per nappy bag, and you’ll need to use a Cardia compostable plastic bag or similar.
Unfortunately our composting service can no longer accept nappies. We (and others) are working hard to find another option, but for now we can no longer accept nappies for composting. Eenees are still the best disposable option even if going into landfill.
Eenee Compostables are available in:
- Small (Carton of 102 Nappies or Pack of 34) with 300ml working capacity (2 up to 8kg)
- Medium (Carton of 90 Nappies or Pack of 30) with 500ml working capacity (7 up to 16kg)
- Large (Carton of 78 Nappies or Pack of 26) with 700ml working capacity (15kg+)
- Extra Large (Carton of 66 Nappies or Pack of 22) with 1000ml working capacity (15kg+)
To achieve 100% biodegradability of the nappy, Eenee has taken the fastener tab part of nappies that is normally non-biodegradable and made it separate to the nappy itself. The Gripper Belts (sold separately) act like the waistband in traditional nappies, they hold the Eenees nappies onto the baby with velcro. Easy to re-use: one gripper belt can replace hundreds of waistbands that were previously thrown away.
Eenee does not sacrifice your babies comfort and health to achieve their outstanding eco-credentials either. You do not have to compromise convenience or absorbency whilst using these disposables.
Eenee has made these nappies;
- Super absorbent disposable to ensure your baby stays dry
- Breathable waterproof biofilm to reduce sweating
- Sustainably made and no harmful chemicals and materials used
- Slim fit comfortable nappies
- Disposable nappies suitable for commercial composting, helping to keep nappies out of landfill
- Reusable gripper belt is sold separately