Bio Wall Paint
Bio Paint is the safest, most environmentally friendly paint available:
- Made from abundant and renewable naturally occurring materials - not petroleum-derived chemicals
- Non-toxic and extremely low VOC paint- tested at less than 0.1% VOCs
- Doesn’t compromise on quality - tested by the Department of Defence to AS 1580 for scrub-resistance and dry hiding power)
Bio Wall Paint White HD (Heavy Duty) Interior is a matt finish, non-toxic paint without the unpleasant smell, and is very safe your home and family. This white base paint can be tinted to give a range of pastel tones when combined with the Bio Pigments. In yet another way it is superior to conventional paints - Bio Wall Paint allows walls to breathe, letting moisture move through it and preventing mould growth.
Created from natural plant-base and non-toxic materials:
Castor oil, resins, lemon oil, aluminum silicate, white earth pigments, china clay, iron oxides, metal pigments, earth pigments, calcium carbonate cellulose, mineral oil, borax, water, lecithin, etc., free of cadmium, chromates and lead chromates.
This eco-friendly paint has been tested by the Department of Defence AS 1580 for scrub-resistance and dry hiding power, and AS 1530.3 for Fire Hazard Indices making it suitable for interior surfaces: plasterboard, solid plaster, concrete and mud brick. Recommended to use in schools, restaurants, offices and public buildings with heavy traffic areas. Also good for use in wet areas.
NOTE: Not advisable to be used on timber or on timber products like: medium density fibro board, masonite or particleboard.
- Components: Volume solids: 41 %
- Density: 1.60
- Dry Hiding Power: 97.2
- Gloss level at 60/80 degrees: 2.3-9.7
The standard colours are: Red, Blue, Violet, Orange, Golden Ochre, Brown Ochre, Yellow, Black, Green,
*Slight variations between colour lots are possible.
*Bio Wall Paints are provided in base white or deep base - use deep base for tinting to darker colours. While Bio Pigments are available in a range of colours, The painter is required to add pigments manually to obtain the desired colour tint. A max of 1:1 ratio of pigment and white is recommended since the pigments are not a paint.
Mixing proportions for 4 Litre white Wall paint:
- 1% - 1:100 40 ml of BIO Pigments
- 2% - 1:50 80 ml of BIO Pigments
- 5% - 1:20 200 ml of BIO Pigments
- 10% - 1:10 400 ml of BIO Pigments
- 50% - 1:1 2000 ml of BIO Pigments
- 1 Litre will covers approx. 8 - 10 square metres. On concrete and rough surfaces, 1 Litre covers approx. 3-5 square metres.
- Prepare the surface in accordance with AS 2311 - Painting of Buildings.
- The surface to be painted should be smooth, dry and cleaned of greasy and dirty contaminants New plaster and concrete can be painted after 6 weeks.
- Remove stains, watermarks, soot etc. seal off with a solution of shellac: 250 grams Shellac per 1 Litre mentholated spirit
- Old lime and kalsomine paint must be removed
- Oil based and acrylic paint surfaces – semi-gloss or gloss - should be sanded with sandpaper
- A test strip is recommended on already painted surfaces if compatibility is in doubt
- New, highly absorbent and crumbly surfaces must be primed with BIO Wall Primer
- Alkaline surfaces must be primed first with a special conventional sealer to prevent saponification of the paint
- Plasterboard jointing cement should be left for 48 hours before painting
- Stir thoroughly before use with a broad flat stirrer.
- May be brushed, rolled or sprayed.
- Apply one thick coat or two thin coats (may be thinned with water 5%-10% to obtain a smooth flowing consistency).
- New Gyprock surfaces need two or three coats initially.
- Airless spraying requires 200 bar/pressure with a nozzle of 0.28 mm Titan -adjustable- or 0.53 mm with a fan angel of 50*
- DEEP BASE: For better hiding power use for the first coat BIO Wall Paint HD white.
- Followed by 1 to 2 coats of BIO Wall Paint HD Deep Base.
- We recommend using at least 10% pigments in a Deep Base system for better hiding.
- 2-4 hours at 20-23 C/50-55% Humidity
- Fully dry after 4-6 hours
- May be recoated after about 4-6 hours
- Allow 7 days for film to fully cure before washing.
- Under cold and damp conditions allow a longer drying time
- Do not use below + 5 C
- Wet film thickness 100 micron, dry film thickness: 41 micron
- Use warm, soapy water
- Keep tightly sealed in a cool frost free place. Seal well after using
- Once opened, use as quickly as possible
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not pour leftover paint down the drain.
- Unwanted paint should be brushed out on newspaper, allowed to dry and then disposed of via domestic waste collection.
- Let empty paint Container dry out as well and dispose of via recycling program.
NOTE: The preceding information is given as a general guide only. Some variations may occur or be advisable for particular conditions. Our responsibility for claims arising from breach of warranty, negligence or otherwise is limited to the purchase price of the material.Download here the guide for application and care for Bio Wall Paint Primer
About Bio Products:
Bio Products has bee supplying and manufacturing natural and non-toxic paints since its operation in 1975. The company created low VOC and low-allergenic paints to help lessen environmental and health issues caused by conventional paints.