Autex GreenStuf Wall Insulation
This product has a shipping surcharge, of at least $80 to metro areas and more in the country. We will give you a call to arrange a shipping quote after you order, or give us a call before you buy for a quote on shipping to your location. If you are unhappy with this cost, we are happy to refund your purchase.
Autex Greenstuf Wall Insulation is locally made and uses thermally bonded polyester with no additives. This can be used for ceiling, internal and external walls and mid-floor cavities. With Autex Greenstuff Wall insulation, your house will be warm in winter and cool in summer - saving you money on energy bills.
This polyester insulation is thermally bonded into shape and requires no staples to keep into place. Segments are pre-cut to fit into standard timber frame spacing.
- Durable- will retain its quality and performance over time with a 50-year product durability warranty
- Fire Safe - GreenStuf® polyester insulation has been independently tested and assessed to the relevant fire standards for the Building Code of Australia (BCA) compliance, including downlights.
- Insect and Mould-free - naturally insect and vermin resistant and protected from mould, mildew and moisture
- Safe to touch - non-allergenic and does not require any gloves or protective clothing
- Recycled & Recyclable - made from minimum of 50% recycled PET plastics and totally recyclable at end of life
- No harmful chemicals - Free of formaldehyde based binders and fibres
Autex Greenstuf Insulation Batts and Areas Covered
*Price is per bag, see table for a number of batts and corresponding area covered per bag.
*Call us before ordering to have a shipping quote. If you happen to order before contacting us, we'll call you for an arrangement of extra payment.
If you're in the Melbourne Metro area we have reliable and experienced installers who can also remove old insulation and clean your roof cavity. Contact us for details and to arrange a quote.
How To Estimate The Number of Bags Required:
- Measure the wall area of your rooms to be insulated, subtract the area of doors and windows then subtract 10% of the area to allow for framing.
- Measure the average spacing of framing timbers. This is usually around 450 or 600mm. If you have 450mm spaced framing, choose the 430mm wide batts, if you have 600mm choose the 580mm wide batts.
- Divide the area required by the area per pack. Round up to the nearest number of bags. (or just give us a call and ask us to use our insulation estimator tool)
- You don't have to be exact with the estimates, there's always extra bits of framing to avoid or other gaps to fill in. Within a square metre or two is fine.
- Because polyester insulation is safe and non-toxic, leftover insulation can be used to make cushions, pet beds and kids costumes, restuff kids toys, make acoustic control panels, let your imagination run free.