Hum Bugg Moth Deterrent Bag
Deter moths and silverfish in your wardrobe and drawers with a calico bag filled with all the herbs that they hate! Clothes moth larvae love to eat animal fibres; wool, silk, cashmere, alpaca, camel hair, feathers. Their favourite food seems to be fine merino clothing!
These are our top tips for keeping moths and silverfish free from your clothes:
- Wash all clothes before storage, they need to be free from perspiration and food (even a tiny bit).
- Make sure jacket pockets are cleaned out and inspect under collars.
- Any clothes that can't be washed can go in the freezer or in a sealed plastic bag for a hot week. this should kill any eggs.
- Vacuum everything thoroughly, all cracks and crevices, don't leave any untouched, they love to hide in dark corners.
- Make sure all rugs and carpets are thoroughly cleaned especially under furniture.
- Throw out the vacuum bag, they'll breed in there if left alone.
- Wipe all surfaces thoroughly too, inside and out.
- Store all vulnerable clothes in tight sealing plastic storage bins or compression storage bags. Make sure hanging garment bags have any holes taped up.
- Mothes and silverfish don't like light and movement so don't leave your clothes in the dark for too long.
- Keep your eyes wide open for small flying moths in Spring time.
- And finally set a pheromone trap to monitor if they are in your area.