Bio Water-Based Enamel
Bio Water-Based Enamel
* Bio Paints have gone under liquidation. We no longer have access to these products. If it does not appear on the website, we don't have it.
A traditional washable enamel paint that produces a durable semi-gloss or matte finish which is dirt-and-water repellent - Bio Enamel Lacquer Water-Based White Semi-Gloss is an eco paint with VOC-free solvents, no toxic resins or heavy metals. This non-toxic paint ensures safety and prevents health issues in your home!
Made from natural and renewable resources:
Based on water, resin, plant oil, titanium dioxide, calcium carbonate, clay, mineral pigments and preservatives. Free of cadmium, chromates and lead.
This low VOC paint is ideal for use on toys, panelling, skirting boards, architraves, doors and windows. Can be used also for priming metals like: steel, aluminium, brass and copper for anti-corrosive protection.
- Bio Enamel Lacquer is supplied in base white and can be tinted with intermixable BIO Pigments (water based).
Note: slight variations between lots are possible.
- 1 Litre covers 10-12 sqm., depending on the absorbency of the substrate.
- Prepare the surface in accordance with AS 2311 - Painting of Buildings.
- Surfaces should be well sanded, dry and clean. Flaking, peeling and loose paint should be removed. Fill imperfections with a suitable filler and sand smooth.
- Use Bio Thinner to remove greasy, waxy or oily contaminants as they can prolong drying time and affect paint adhesion. Surface must be completely dry before painting.
- Do not apply coatings to unseasoned or wet timber; moisture content should be under 12%.
- Do not apply over oil based, polyurethane or epoxy based coatings. These types of coatings and particularly poor condition surfaces may require complete stripping.
- If this is not possible, other specialty primers may have to be considered.
- Stir thoroughly before use with a broad flat stirrer.
- Apply one coat of BIO Enamel Lacquer Undercoat on new or imperfect surfaces and two coats of Enamel Lacquer.
- If thinning is required to obtain the desired finish, use only water and no more than 5%.
- Maintain a wet edge when painting. Best results are achieved by applying 2 thin coats. (Note: thick coats of paint cause drips, delay drying and are less durable)
For Metal Finishing:
- The metal surface should be cleaned of all grease, dirt, salt, weld scale, rust and other residue which is likely to affect the performance of a protective coating.
- A water based specialty metal primer suited to the metal surface must be used.
- Apply the metal primer as instructed.
- Allow to dry completely then lightly sand before finishing with two coats of Bio Enamel Lacquer.
- The drying time on a day of around 25°C is approximately 2 hours.
- During cold and humid weather allow longer drying time.
- Apply second and subsequent coats only after previous coat has thoroughly dried.
- Do not be tempted to apply paint too thickly, as this slows the drying process. Lightly sand if necessary after the undercoat.
- Do not use below 8°C or above 30°C.
- Avoid cold damp conditions such as when condensation, rain, dew or frosts are likely to occur. Avoid hot days, direct sunlight and hot surfaces.
- Provide adequate ventilation during application and drying. Avoid steam and condensation for 48 hours.
- Bio Water based Enamel reaches maximum durability after 14 days.
- Brush or roll off as much surplus paint as possible. Use soapy warm water.
- Keep away from and out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not pour leftover paint down the drain.
- Unwanted paint should be brushed out on newspaper, allowed to dry and then disposed of via domestic waste collection.
- Let empty containers dry out and dispose of via a recycling program.
Note: The preceding information is given as a general guide only. Some variations may occur or be advisable for particular conditions. Our responsibility for claims arising from breach of warranty, negligence or otherwise is limited to the purchase price of the material. There is no manufacturer’s liability for applying this product onto non-compatible paint systems like oil based enamels, polyurethane, epoxy finishes etc. Directions must be followed. We recommend a test application if there is any doubt.
About Bio Products:
Bio Products has been supplying and manufacturing natural and non-toxic paints since its operation in 1975. The company created low VOC and low-allergenic paints to help lessen environmental and health issues caused by conventional paints.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
We aim to ship your order within 2 to 3 working days from our Northcote store. We will let you know about any delays due to stock issues as quickly as we can, and endeavour to keep you informed through the process.
Most deliveries are sent through Australia Post, some are sent via courier services when necessary.
Some of our heavier or bulkier products attract an extra shipping cost that will be charged at checkout or we may need to call you to organise payment of a shipping surcharge after purchase. This is generally explained on the relevant product page. If you feel like a freight charge is too expensive or could be done cheaper through a courier etc, please call us and we will endeavour to organise an alternative with you.