Linii Pine Carpet Freshener
Supplied In recycled kraft paper tubes with contemporary design. Vacuum packed to ensure you get a product that is as fresh as the day it left the saw mill.
The Huon Pine Lagarostrobos Franklinii is Australia’s oldest living tree and is one of the oldest living organisms on earth. Only found on the Wild West Coast of Tasmania, and no longer logged.
It is a carefully regulated resource. People in Tasmania have known the power of Huon Pine to deter parasites and pests in cupboards, pet bed’s and personnel spaces for decades. A beautiful and practical product, that will make you feel like you are in the Tasmanian Rain Forest. Secure your piece of nature’s best while you still can.
160gm Tasmanian Huon Pine :
Packaged in recycled cardboard tube, comprehensive information on label and vacuum packed inner, so you or will have product as fresh as the day it came from the mill.
Just clip open plastic inner and shake on musty, smelly or wet carpets. Leave for 2-8 hours and vacuum up..
You wont believe how effective this product is in eliminating pet, smoking or food odours.
Linii Tasmania produce a range of 100% natural products made from Huon Pine. The Huon Pine Tree (Lagarostrobos Franklinii) is Australia's oldest living tree and is
one of the oldest living organisms on earth. Only found on the Wild West Coast of Tasmania, and no longer logged, it is a strictly regulated resource. Some groves
are known to be over 3500 years old. Many people have heard of the name Huon Pine . However, they may not know it is a long revered solution to silverfish, moth, flea and mite occurrence in the home.
People in Tasmania have known the power of Huon Pine to deter parasites and pests in cupboards, drawers, wardrobes, living areas and animal bedding for
decades. It can be used on linen, clothing, blankets, carpets and soft furnishings and it absorbs odors like nothing else.
Now you can discover the benefits of Huon Pine.
Linii Tasmania are certified Australian Made, Brands Tasmania and hold Forestry Tasmania Chain of Custody.
Linii Tasmania are family owned and operated and all products are made by hand.
We support small business and provide sustainable and fulfilling employment to people with disabilities.
Linii Tasmania created this range of products not only to provide a powerful solution for deterring parasites and pests, but to utilise a precious resource that would otherwise be discarded in the milling process.
How effective is Linii finely milled Huon Pine?
Huon Pine contains a naturally occurring ingredient that gives the timber its unique smell, preservative and repellent qualities. Huon Pine naturally repels mites, silverfish, moths and fleas. It will not kill them, nor will it remove an infestation. Huon Pine will keep an area free of these pests, discouraging them to nest in the same area. It works in the same manner as a traditional moth ball without the terrible smell.
Our product is an extremely effective odour absorber and can be used in the kitchen, toilet, car etc. Huon Pine will absorb the odour not just cover it, and give a lovely fresh Tasmanian rain forest scent to the air.
Our products are proficient moisture absorbents as well. Huon Pine will breathe with the environment so when it is very wet and humid the product will absorb up to one third its weight in moisture and as the air naturally dries it will expel that moisture and dry out.
What does Huon Pine smell like?
Huon Pine has a subtle aromatic smell that is pleasant and not over powering.
How long will my Huon Pine last?
Approximately 12 Months. Linii finely milled Huon Pine comes in vacuum packaging. This means your product remains as fresh as the day it left the saw-mill. Once you have pierced the inner vacuum packaging (5-8 times with a sharp pin) you will get effective use from your product for many months before you should need to replace it.
What can I use this product for?
- Silverfish and moth repellent in your linen and clothing cupboards to protect your investment in these fabrics
- Use the small bags in shoes or boots to get rid of odour, or sports bags to stop mould when sporting equipment is not being used
- A flea deterrent in animal bedding or kennels
- A carpet freshener
- Absorbing odours anywhere in your home or car, or as an air freshener
What sized products do you sell and what can they do?
- The 70g bag will effectively protect an enclosed area 1m x 1m
- The 285g bag can be used in larger cupboards and spaces and is also great to place into an animal bed to protect against new flea occurrences.
- The Animal Bedding Filler is made from 100% Huon Pine wood wool. It can be mixed in with your pets – Chooks, Ducks, Guinea Pigs, Rabbits, Dogs and Cats etc - normal bedding to deter mites and fleas, and keep the area smelling fresh.
- A 160gm carpet freshener will effectively deodorize the carpets in a small to medium sized home. It is just like the good old "Shake N Vac" but 100% Chemical Free and all natural.
- Draught Stopper Door Snakes can be placed in front of external or internal doors to stop air movement from one room to another and of course create a fresh natural scent in and around your home. They are also an effective barrier for small bugs and mites entering the home through unsealed gaps under external doors.
- 100ml Huon Pine Mist can be used on linen, toys, bedding and on hard surfaces and is as much of an air freshener as a bug repellent.
- Huon Pine Soap is fresh, lightly exfoliating and moisturising. It contains aromatherapy oils to enhance and compliment the natural Huon Pine scent and is all natural with no chemicals.
- ‘Huon’ the Koala is crafted in Tasmania by locals. He contains finely milled Huon Pine and Huon Pine wood wool and has safety eyes and nose buttons. He smells delicious and is definitely very cute!
I thought Huon Pine was a protected plant?
The Huon Pine tree is one of Australia's oldest living organisms. The average fully matured tree is in excess of 2000 years old. This tree is naturally endemic to Tasmania and is found nowhere else in the world.
Forestry Tasmania is the only entity that may remove already fallen timbers from the forests, rivers, estuaries and inlets within the World Heritage Protected Area of Tasmania. This means that only timber that has already fallen can be harvested - No cutting of standing Huon Pine trees is allowed.
This resource is carefully managed and there are only a handful of licensed operators that can purchase these timbers directly from Forestry Tasmania stock piles under a quota system.
We purchase our product from these operators and have certified chain of custody documentation available.
It says you support people with a disability. How do you do that?
Linii Tasmania has a working arrangement with Vincent Industries, who are Disability Business Service Providers here in Tasmania.
In any given week for a minimum of three days, we have approximately seven people that are preparing and packing elements of our products ready for market. These individuals are involved in sustainable, rewarding and ongoing work, assisting in providing meaningful and paid employment.To date these employees have produced over 10,000 pieces of our product.