Onya Bulk Food Bags
Bulk food shopping is a great way to reduce waste in your life, but sometimes carrying lots of jars and containers can be really inconvenient.
These beautiful vintage style reusable bulk food bags have been designed to provide a convenient alternative for taking jars and containers to your local bulk food store.
The bulk food bags are also super handy to use when you would like to top up half filled containers at home. This means you no longer need to stock up on extra jars and containers on top of your current ones to use as “top up” containers, as our bulk food bags give you a light and compact way to top up as you need.
The bulk food bags are made from BPA free, food safe recycled plastic drink bottles.
The bulk food bag set contains a large, medium and small bulk food bag along with a specially designed bulk food shopping tote. They are all conveniently stored in our innovative bulk food carry case which comes with an attached carabiner that can be clipped on to your bag and belt so you always have your bags ready to go.
The Shopping tote boasts a double lined base and extra wide square gusset making it perfect for transporting bulk foods in both bags and jars.
Each of the bulk food bags feature the tare weight of the bag in both ounces and grams and they also have a clear window made of non-toxic, BPA & chlorine free PEVA. This window allows you to not only easily see what is inside your bag, but you can also write in that window the product, as well as any unique codes you may need when checking out. We recommend a coloured wax pencil or whiteboard marker only as permanent marker can be very difficult to remove. The labelling window is especially helpful when distinguishing products such as Self Raising and Plain Flour that otherwise look identical.
The volumes of the bulk food bags vary depending on what you put in them. For example a small bag of flour is going to weigh more than a small bag of corn chips, but to give a rough idea the Bulk Food Bags are modelled on the classic 1kg and 2kg flour bags, with the large being able to carry as much as 5kg.
- Made from BPA Free food safe 100% recycled plastic drink bottles
- 100% Recyclable & Sustainable
- Clear window made of non-toxic, BPA & chlorine free PEVA allows you to see what is inside and to write product name/codes. We recommend a coloured wax pencil or whiteboard marker only as permanent marker can be very difficult to remove
- Set contains Carry Case, Tote Bag & Small, Medium & Large Bulk Bags
- Tare weight included on bag in grams and ounces
- Use bags as light weight top up solution for existing jars at home
- Small Bag Dimensions: 27cm long x 11cm wide with 6.5cm gusset
- Medium Bag Dimensions: 35cm long x 15cm wide with 8.5cm gusset
- Large Bag Dimensions: 40cm long x 21cm wide with 10.5cm gusset
- Tote Bag Dimensions: 30cm long x 39.5cm wide with 24cm gusset (includes built in pouch)
- Bulk Set Carry Case Dimensions when folded: 22cm wide x 11.5cm long
- Carry case holds up to 6 bulk food bags so you can add to the original set of three that comes with the set should you need more bags
- Up to 26 recycled plastic drink bottles (rPET) used to make the full set
- 12 month Manufacturer’s Warranty
Please note: These reusable bulk bags are designed to help people easily and conveniently transport their bulk food purchases home. The bags have been designed as a lightweight top up tool to replace the need for carrying jars and canisters when doing your shopping, and when you bring them home you should empty the contents into your storage jars and containers.
Although made from recycled plastic drink bottles and technically plastic, the rPET material is woven in nature not solid state plastic like a single use plastic bag which is non-permeable for air and water.
Because of the woven nature of the fabric, a solid plastic bag will definitely prevent air from reaching the bulk food products better than these bulk bags will when storing your bulk food products. Things like pasta hold well in them, but things that rely on freshness are better stored in an airtight container.
These bulk bags are definitely at their best when used to carry home your bulk food dry goods and transfer the contents into your bulk food storage jars and containers to ensure freshness.