White Magic Microfibre Laundry Bag
Microplastics are erveywhere. Some of it is from plastic rubbish in the environment that has broken down into smaller pieces, but a major source is from clothes washing. Tiny fibres break off the clothes and are washed away. They are small enough to pass through the sewage treatment plants and end up in the ocean, from where they end up in the food chain.
- It is estimated that large cities release the equivalent of 500,000 plastic bags worth of microfibres through their washing machines everyday.
- Synthetic textiles break off during the wash and make their way from washing machines into rivers and oceans.
- Once in the environment they are consumed by aquatic organisms, which can result in gastrointestinal infections and blockages, reproductive problems, and starvation – problems that ultimately work their way up the food chain.
- The White Magic Microfibre Laundry Bag filters out the smallest microfibres released from textiles during washing.
- The self-cleaning fabric bag is made of a specially designed micro-filter material.
- Simply collect the fibres and dispose of them properly. The bag does not loose any fibres itself.
- It also protects your apparel as fewer fibres break compared to washing without the bag.