- Ecoriginals Infant Nappies 5-9kg (32 pk)
- Ecoriginals Crawler Nappies 7-13kg (30 pk)
- Ecoriginals Toddler Nappies 10-15kg (24 pk)
- Ecoriginals Newborn Plus 4-6kg (32 pk)
- Ecoriginals Walker Nappies 14-20kg (22pk)
Designed here in Australia, using the latest biotechnology to make this nappy as eco and affordable as possible without compromising on performance, and making our nappy the safer option for your baby's health.
- Key ingredients in the nappy are plant based which have the ability to biodegrade
- Free from chlorine, phthalates, fragrances, lotions, latex and heavy metals (as tested by the CSIRO JUL14)
- The unique leak barrier uses Cardia Compostable film, instead of the normal plastic layer, meaning the nappy is up to 5 times more breathable for bub (less chance of nappy rash)
- The wood pulp included in the abosrbent core in our nappy is sustainably farmed
- Non-latex leg cuffs used (better for environment)
- World leading 100% compostable packaging using Cardia Compostable instead of plastic (GMO free)
Which parts of the nappy are biodegradable?
There are many layers used to make a nappy. Some of the key ingredients of this nappy are made from plant based materials, and they use a compostable leak barrier inside the nappy rather than the traditional plastic layer used in most nappies. They also use wood pulp sourced from certified sustainable forests. These nappies are also free from chlorine, phthalates, fragrances, lotions, latex and heavy metals. This makes the Ecoriginal nappy much more eco but also more breathable for bubs skin.
The outer packaging is certified 100% compostable (a world first for a nappy product!) so it will break down easily in land fill.
Ecoriginal's intention is not to stop there with how eco their nappy is. They know it’s not 100% compostable, because the technology currently doesn’t allow for that. For example, there is nothing to replace thing’s like the plastic tabs that stick and hold the nappy in place on a baby yet to still offer this convenience for use. However, they are committed to working with international biotech companies to search for new biodegradable technology so that over time they can increase our compostability. If a new exciting ingredient becomes available that performs well then Ecoriginal will integrate it into their nappy.