Bio Paints Natural Pigments
Bio Pigments are used for tinting Bio Wall Paint or any other water-based paint. These environmentally-friendly colour pigments are available in a range of 10 colours and are intermixable to obtain the desired final colour.
Made from natural and non-toxic mineral pigments: Castor oil, resins, lemon oil, aluminum silicate, white earth pigments, china clay, iron oxides, metal pigments, earth pigments, calcium carbonate cellulose, mineral oil, borax, water, lecithin, etc., free of cadmium, chromates and lead chromates.
Colours : The standard colours are:
*Slight variations between colour lots are possible due to the use of natural ingredients.
Since all tints are intermixable, you can blend your own to achieve the required colour. However, a maximum ratio of 1: 1 tint and white is recommended because the tint itself is not a paint. Bio Wall Paints are supplied in base white or deep base. Use Bio Wall Paint White to obtain softer or pastel colour tone while Bio Wall Paint Deep Base for a bolder colour.
Sizes: 0.1 L, 0.025L, or 1L
- 1 Liter will covers approx. 8 - 10 sqm. On concrete and rough Surfaces 1 Litre covers approx. 3-5 sqm.
- Fire Hazard Indices in accordance with AS 1530.3 Ignition time in minutes 0 Spread of flame in seconds 0 Heat evolved in kJ/m2 0 Smoke release-non ignited specimens 3
- Prepare the surface in accordance with AS 2311 - Painting of Buildings.
- The surface to be painted should be smooth, dry and cleaned of greasy and dirty contaminants New plaster and concrete can be painted after 6 weeks.
- Remove stains, watermarks, soot etc. seal off with a solution of shellac: 250 grams Shellac per 1 Litre mentholated spirit
- Old lime and kalsomine paint must be removed
- Oil based and acrylic paint surfaces – semi-gloss or gloss - should be sanded with sandpaper
- A test strip is recommended on already painted surfaces if compatibility is in doubt
- New, highly absorbent and crumbly surfaces must be primed with BIO Wall Primer
- Alkaline surfaces must be primed first with a special conventional sealer to prevent saponification of the paint
- Plasterboard jointing cement should be left for 48 hours before painting
- Stir thoroughly before use with a broad flat stirrer.
- May be brushed, rolled or sprayed.
- Apply one thick coat or two thin coats (may be thinned with water 5%-10% to obtain a smooth flowing consistency).
- New Gyprock surfaces need two or three coats initially.
- Airless spraying requires 200 bar/pressure with a nozzle of 0.28 mm Titan -adjustable- or 0.53 mm with a fan angel of 50*
- DEEP BASE: For better hiding power use for the first coat BIO Wall Paint HD white.
- Followed by 1 to 2 coats of BIO Wall Paint HD Deep Base.
- We recommend using at least 10% pigments in a Deep Base system for better hiding.
- 2-4 hours at 20-23 C/50-55% Humidity
- Fully dry after 4-6 hours
- May be recoated after about 4-6 hours
- Allow 7 days for film to fully cure before washing.
- Under cold and damp conditions allow a longer drying time
- Do not use below + 5 C
- Wet film thickness 100 micron, dry film thickness: 41 micron
- Use warm, soapy water
- Keep tightly sealed in a cool frost free place. Seal well after using
- Once opened, use as quickly as possible
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not pour leftover paint down the drain.
- Unwanted paint should be brushed out On newspaper, allowed to dry and then disposed of via domestic waste collection.
- Let empty paint Container dry out as well and dispose via recycling program.
NOTE: The preceding information is given as a general guide only. Some variations may occur or be advisable for particular conditions. Our responsibility for claims arising from breach of warranty, negligence or otherwise is limited to the purchase price of the material.
About Bio Products:
Bio Products has been supplying and manufacturing natural and non-toxic paints since its operation in 1975. The company created low VOC and low-allergenic paints to help lessen environmental and health issues caused by conventional paints.